Cosmic Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Comics Forum

This is a forum where you get to discuss comics, post your own artwork and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Empty
PostSubject: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:46 am

As some have probably already heard me rant, I have just found out that IDW has cancelled issue #5 of the new Ninja Turtles comics from coming to Australia. When I got in touch with Diamond (our distributor) they said IDW didn't have the rights to release it internationally.

This really annoys the bugs out of me! As many of you know I am a huge Turtles fan, and to be given 3 issues and then told I am not allowed to read the ongoing series or any of its offshoots really got under my skin. So I got in touch with IDW directly and still have yet to hear from them.

I am waiting until December 1st (the release date of issue 4) and then I will be contacting them again. Hopefully this will all turn out to be a huge misunderstanding and I will have gotten annoyed for nothing.

What do you think? Do you care? Would you sign a petition if they don't allow the Turtles comics into Australia?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmic-comics.com.au
icqjay

PostSubject: RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am

COWABUNG-ABSOLUTELY YES! I will sign whatever the petition is for as long as its for the Turtle-power! That is annoying though, what's the point of getting everybody excited when you're going to cut everybody else from reading them goodies?

not so good IDW.... disappointing....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Okay, now I am trying to figure out what's going on...

As we do every month we put orders in from the Previews catalogue. Despite the fact that we pretty much know we won't get an item we will order it anyway just to see if it slips through. To this end of course we ordered the latest issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6 from the November order, we have just received a confirmation for the initial order and it appears to be coming through.

Now I am not sure if they just screwed up with the 5th issue and accidentally cancelled it and now they are trying to smooth things over, or if it was just a hiccup of some kind and everything is, or isn't, going to be fine. I guess we are going to have to wait and see when issue 5 is supposed to come out...

Oh well, fun as always Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Professir Ray

Professir Ray

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:43 am

One could say that you are...

*puts on glasses*

SHELL-SHOCKED! YEAAAAAHHHHHHH~

Seriously though, I am all up for petition signing!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WHAT THE HELL?!   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Okay, I just looked at next weeks list...guess what we are getting in? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5! That's right, they cancelled it, said we couldn't get it due to international restrictions, we thought bugger it order it again, AND NOW IT'S COMING THROUGH?!

Talk about mixed signals...! The internationally restricted comic is coming to our "international" store next week. Maybe we should just complain to the distributor and the publisher every time they cancel a comic until we get them...?

*sigh* sometimes these things just confuse me...I guess there is nothing to worry about anymore. Come on in and get 'em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Professir Ray

Professir Ray

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 am

Aww, but I wanted to sign a petition!

Come on people, lets start a petition to petition anyway!

-Foolnumber88 *squiggly squiggly signature here*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Comics Forum :: Cosmic Comics :: Comic Discussions-
Jump to: