Cosmic Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Comics Forum

This is a forum where you get to discuss comics, post your own artwork and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

local comic colourist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean-e

local comic colourist Empty
PostSubject: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

Hi, Sean here

Local comic colourist living in Dianella. I've do freleance work mostly but also worked for Zenescope and Marvel. I teach at Lesmurdie SHS during the day!

I'd post some of my stuff here but the forum rules won't let me for a week, which I find kinda rediculous but.. there ya go.... *shrugs*

Meanwhile the website --> www DOT seanellery DOT com

and deviantart --> seane DOT deviantart DOT com

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Snargelflause

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

Are you sure you can't post anything for a week? I have only just made my account and here is a couple of Ninja Turtles heads I am working on. It's going to be 3 of the turtles all huddled around. Laughing

local comic colourist Turtle10

local comic colourist Turtle10

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/17/84/76/24/turtle10.jpg

Not sure why you were told a week...maybe it's just a precaution thing?
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 am

well that was the message I was getting....

*tries again*

local comic colourist Una
Back to top Go down
Snargelflause

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 am

Wow! Shocked That is really nice! I love Silvestri's artwork Very Happy That looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 am

more...

local comic colourist Robynhood
P= eric basaldua I = james goodwin
this one got me some work with zenescope!!!

local comic colourist Emma_lau
P = stanley 'artgerm' lau

local comic colourist Beast
P= david finch, I= Lebeau Underwood

local comic colourist Confessions
P&I = Daniel Leister

local comic colourist Joker
P&I = Paul Abrtuse (fellow Aussie in Brisbane)

local comic colourist Catwoman2011
P = fellow Perth artist Mark Lauthier, I = Ambra Meneghin

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Snargelflause

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 am

That is some fantastic work man, how long have you been working as a colourist? I know most of those pics, what is that Catwoman one from? I just can't seem to place it...
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 am

I've been colouring stuff for about 12 years. I do freelance stuff, mostly convention prints etc. Otherwise it's just a hobby.

Catwoman one is by a guy from Perth. He sold it as a print at supanova con perth this year

seane DOT deviantart DOT com
www DOT seanellery DOTcom

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 pm

local comic colourist Madam_mirage2012

pencils by Ken Rocafort
Inks by James Goodwin

As I wait for what seems an ETERNITY for James to finish the inks on a Dibalfo Soulfire picture, I quickly did this one in the meantime.

I already have a print of a Madam Mirage by KR and James on my wall here at home so I deliberately used the same colour scheme and style so I can get this one printed up as well and hang them as a pair...!

The previous MM -->

local comic colourist Madam_mirage2

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Snargelflause

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 am

Those are great, I have to ask...how did you get into the industry?
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 am

you couldn't really say that I am in the industry, but I skirt around the edges...

I just spent years posting art like this to the various forums such as digitalwebbing, penciljack, gutterzombie and so on (full list on my website --> http://www.seanellery.com) and practising. Eventually people started to email me asking if I'd colour their pinup/splash/cover or if I wanted to do their indie-comic (usually for a backend deal which means I only get paid if the book sells for a profit - and 90% of them don't - and *if* they remembered to pass on the money... so basically backend deals just mean you're going to get it up the ass at the end of the day)

One day an editor at Marvel emailed me and asked if I'd like to come on board as a lowly re-furbishment artist for the "Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe" books. (volume 7 onwards) It paid a pittance as piece-work, and I mean a REAL pittance, but it also meant that I can officially say I 'work for Marvel" and I have the signed contract to prove it. Here's the credit page from vol 7...

local comic colourist Marvel_credit_by_SeanE

beyond that it's a matter of posting on places such as deviantart and building up a reputation and fan-base. So far I've never solicited for work, it all comes to me, which since I have the day job as a teacher suits me just fine. It earns a few extra thousand per year, certainly nothing to live off, but allows some extra little luxuries now and then

Sean
Back to top Go down
tmntfan84

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 am

So...what does an "art refurbisher" do?
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Quote :
So...what does an "art refurbisher" do?

they give you a scan from a comic panel that can be up to 40 years old and you have to recolour it to make it look all snazzy and new again rather than old and faded. It pays a pittance - between $3 and $15 but you get a foot in the door at Marvel and can say "I work for Marvel" legitimately

OR...

They give you a panel that they want fixed up. Lets say they moved an arm or some-such or wolverine was coloured in pink or something. You fix the panel up so that it's correct... again it pays a pittance but.. as above for the bragging rights...
Back to top Go down
tmntfan84

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 am

That is really cool. Do you do inking as well, or just colouring?
I have a picture I would love to see coloured, but I only have pencils and no inks. What sort of prices do you charge?
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 am

local comic colourist Keepontrucking

Pencils = Mike Dibalfo
Inks = Ambra Meneghin

Mike sent me the high res pencils a few weeks ago to have a play with and I gave them out to my closest and inkiest friends on Dev-Art. Smile I've been ignoring Ambra for far too long of late so I've grabbed hers and coloured them up!

Had a bit of fun with the truck paintjob. There's more than meets the eye to it... *wink* I had to paint in all the flames etc from scratch. Chrome work was a bit tricky too as a result.

cheers
Sean

and other recent stuff...

local comic colourist Kiani

Pencils = peppe cafaro
Inks = james goodwin

local comic colourist Sleepyhollow

Pencils & inks = eric johns
The Sleepy Hollow is my first major published cover!!! - For Zenescope It'll be released on January 2013.

local comic colourist Blownheader

Pencils = mike dibalfo
Inks = bd stevens

local comic colourist Tankgyrl4

Pencils = dan cranford
Did this one as a paid commission but did a deal with the guy so he just renewed my deviantart subscription to premium membership level instead.
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: more...   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 pm

pencils = mike dibalfo
inks = ambra memeghin

local comic colourist Keepontrucking

and the new mascot for Baldivis Sec College opening 2013!! Getting paid to do this one and there'll be house/faction mascots to come

pencils and inks = randy kintz, colour = me

local comic colourist Baldivis_Roo

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:08 am

local comic colourist Soulfire2012

pencils by Mike Dibalfo
Inks by James Goodwin

I saw the colour scheme to this one by blondthecolorist --> http://blondthecolorist.deviantart.com/art/Deathmatch-4-cover-343356028 and thought to myself... "That looks cool! Let's give it a go!..." and so I applied the colour selections to this Soulfire pic to see how she came out...

Ta-dahhh!

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:24 am

local comic colourist Traderjack_day

pencils and inks by Jon Sommariva

Paid commission (yay...) and I had two versions of it to do - a day and night scene.

This was really fun to do, and makes a change in style for once with the more cell-shade-soft brush-fusion kinda thing I've got going here.

Night version -->

local comic colourist Traderjack_night

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 am

local comic colourist JLA_jimlee_lebeau

pencils by jim lee
inks by lebeau underwood

Lebeau asked me to colour this one up for him so he make a private one off poster print out of it to give to his son for Christmas (hope he's not reading this then...!!), so... here it is! Basic idea was to follow the officially published colour scheme as much as possible so no huge claims for originality on this one then. Original colours are by Alec Sinclair

The starry background is one that I made up for some pictures that I did for Art Thibert and his upcoming Chrono Mechanics kickstarter and which I have yet to have permission to post online, but the background at least looked pretty good here as well.

cheers
Sean
Back to top Go down
tmntfan84

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:45 am

Wow...this stuff is just fantastic! I have a few images I got drawn at Supanova...what would you charge to digitally colour them? I would love to see what they look like in colour!
Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:50 am

local comic colourist Babydoll_suckerpunch

Pencils =peppe cafaro
Inks = James Goodwin

local comic colourist Magdalena2013

Pencils =peppe cafaro
Inks = James Goodwin

local comic colourist Hobbit

Pencils and inks by Enrique Rivera

Cheers
Sean

Back to top Go down
Sean-e

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 am

latest few....

local comic colourist Viking
pencils = eric basaldua, inks = 'grumpyfatfury' on deviantart.com
I won a 'daily deviation' for this one over on devianart.com!

local comic colourist Junglegirl
pencils and inks = adriano batista

local comic colourist Hex_2013
pencils = keu cha inks = 'k-omer'

local comic colourist Hex_tyra_boor
pencils = keu cha inks = vic moya

local comic colourist Hunters01
pencils and inks = paulo siqueira

Zenescope cover for their new series "Hunters: Shadowlands Issue #1" launching in May 2013. Now on solicitations through Diamond and comicscontinuum.com!!! I've also done the cover for Hunters #2 but can't show that yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: local comic colourist   local comic colourist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

local comic colourist
Page 1 of 1