Cosmic Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Comics Forum

This is a forum where you get to discuss comics, post your own artwork and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Movie Matt

Movie Matt

DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga Empty
PostSubject: DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga   DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 pm

It looks like DC Comics have teamed up with a comic shop in America to get you to abandon your Japanese loving ways and switch over to the pure testosterone of Batman.
A flier has been released encouraging people to trade in any Volume 1 of a manga series for any of DC's new 52 for free, of course limiting it to only one per American citizen, in America.
DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga 125156__468x_robama-dump-jap-manga-buy-american-comics
Obvious things aside, like how Mangas generally are about 3 to 4 times as expensive as any comic, and how they are only after number 1's, thus the only one worth anything, how do you feel about these kind of promotions? Do you think DC is stepping over a line or do you think this attempt to pull some manga readers towards American comics reasonable?
I personally feel this is all just some sort of ploy to get people to trade in a $20 book for a $5 book, nothing more to it.
(Please keep in mind that as of this fliers release, some of DC's most popular #1's have reached their 5th-6th printing, and are thus not worth anything, if you could trade in your cruddy number 1 of a series for a Justice League first printing THEN I might consider it.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/animereviewguy

DC Encourages you to abandon your Manga
Page 1 of 1